Sunday, February 12, 2012

Isaac's 9th Birthday

I can't believe my 1st baby is 9 years old already! I really feel like it was yesterday when we picked him up in Philadelphia. He made me a mom for the 1st time and I will forever be grateful to this little boy. He is so handsome, smart, creative, artistic, athletic, sweet, compassionate, and the most loving boy I could ever ask for. I love him so much and I hope I can always be the mom he deserves.
For a little while now Isaac has told me he wants a bearded dragon. I blame his 3rd grade teacher for this since she has one in the classroom. :) I told Isaac that he would have to earn the money to buy one for himself if he wanted one so badly. This usually takes a while since he has no real way to earn a lot of money but now he is starting to "get" it. He knows that when his birthday comes around he can ask for money and people will give that to him for his birthday. Well needless to say, he is about halfway there now so it is only a matter of time before he buys one. I thought I would try and get used to the idea by looking at them online and doing some research (like I always do) and found out they are pretty cool. I started looking at KSL to see how expensive they are and thats where I found an ad for a reptile show at a really affordable price. I called and they agreed to come all the way down to Nephi to do a show for Isaac's birthday party. He was so excited and invited all his friends. Here are the pictures from this fun day.




This is a bearded dragon. I got this shot right as it ate a cricket. You can even see the cricket's eyes. They are pretty cool.

This snake loved Isaac. He loved him so much he tried to wrap himself around his face! Isaac just laughed and thought is was funny.


So stinkin cute!

Isaac holding a tarantula with his best friend Mason. (seriously so brave! I wouldn't go near it)


The cupcakes I made for the party.


Isaac with the bearded dragon.


This is a live baby mouse that is about to be eaten by this snake. I have to say that I did feel bad about this one. I'm not a mice fan but this was a little baby and there's something about a baby mouse being eaten that wasn't appealing but....

as you can see, it was fast and it didn't suffer. (I hope)

He loved this party. I hope it is one that he will always remember.
I should say that the two little girls you see in one of the pictures did almost the entire show. All the animals were theirs and they knew so much information. I was really impressed.



Singing Happy Birthday

Mason holding the bearded dragon

All of Isaac's friends enjoying the huge snake!
What a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment